Friday 8 February 2013

How to download a photo from a camera to a Mac?

  
How to download a photo from a camera to a Mac?

  1. Start by taking the pictures on your camera
  2. Using either a cable or memory card, connect your camera to the computer, connect the lead to the back of your Mac, and then to the bottom of the camera.
  3. Then on the Mac's desktop, a new folder will come up, usually named 'untitled'
  4. Click on this icon, it will come up with either the file, or your pictures.
  5. Select the picture(s) you want, and drag them to either a new folder or the desktop.
  6. These will then be saved onto your Mac for further use
  7. Once you have finished with your pictures on the camera, you will need to right click on the icon and select “eject” this will then make it 'safe' for you to remove your cable or memory card, without losing any.

I will use this process once I have taken the pictures, I will save my pictures in a sub-folder, in my pictures folder, to make it easier to find them when I need them. I will also give my pictures all suitable file names, this again makes them easier to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment