Thursday 28 February 2013

Glamour Theme- Rule of Thirds

Rule of Thirds

During the process of taking my images, I realised that the use of Rule of Thirds made my some of my pictures slightly more interesting. While i was experimenting with this technique i realised that a minority of images were greatly improved via this technique. Before I started taking my pictures, i did a range of research on this particular technique and decided that i would use it to my advantage. As you can see in the picture below i have marked out the thirds lines so i can correctly see that when i was taking the picture, i was using these lines to my advantage. From the picture below, it is clear that i have placed the view point of my image on one of the intersection lines, on the right so this draws the eye straight to the right of the picture and makes it more interesting. The main point of the image is the face, the view of the makeup and eyes, but also the lips so this is why the lips are placed on the intersection point and the rest of the face is on the line. Overall, after using this technique i have realised that the use of the Rule of Thirds can work for a few images and make it a lot more interesting, and can work to the advantage of some pictures.

Above, my rule of thirds picture without the lines.





This above, is my picture including the Rule of Thirds lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment